Suggestions, Comments and Complaints
If you would like to submit a suggestion or comment, please use our Feedback triage.
If you have a complaint or a concern about any part of the service we provide please let us know. If you let us know immediately by raising your concerns with the staff directly involved we can try and put things right straight away. If you are unable to do this, or would prefer not to, you can either telephone or write to the practice manager as soon as possible. All complaints will be dealt with in line with the Local Authority Social Care and NHS Complaints (England) Regulations 2009 and therefore you must let us have the details of your complaint within 12 months of the incident which is the cause for concern.
Following receipt of your complaint we will:
- Treat you with respect and courtesy.
- Acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days.
- Investigate your complaint within 28 days of the date that you raise it with us.
- Provide you with an appropriate response which will include the outcome of the investigation.
- Provide the health authority with an annual report about the complaints we have received. The report will include information about about what actions have been taken or recommendations that have been made.
If you are unhappy with our response to your complaint you have the right to ask the Health Service Ombudsman to review your case.
Complaining on behalf of someone else
Please note that we abide to the strict rules of medical confidentiality. If you wish to complain on behalf of someone else, we have to know that you have their permission to do so. Signed authorisation by the person concerned will be needed, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this.